2013 KENYA AIRWAYS EAST AFRICAN SAFARI CLASSIC RALLY
SAFARI TOUR FOR SPECTATORS AND FANS
This tour gives an experience of the wilds of Africa in Kenya and Tanzania and at the same time to see the action during the KENYA AIRWAYS – East African Safari Classic Rally 2013
The KQ Safari Classic is a revival of the famous East African Safari Rally, an unusual speed sporting spectacle born of our exotic cultural motoring heritage pitting man and woman in their battle for survival against the rough African terrain.
One driver described the Kenya Airways Safari Classic event as “I can’t believe we’ve finished. It’s the most outrageous rally in the world, the longest and the toughest ……… a must see event and the country side is spectacular.”
Tuesday 19th November 2013
Arrive at Mombasa Airport where you are met and transferred to Travellers Beach Hotel. Relax at the hotel and by the beach for the day and watch technical checks Scrutineering and the rally cars at the White Sand Hotel next door.
Wednesday 20th November 2013
Spend the day by the pool and watch more activity at the rally hotel. For those interested a Mombasa City Tour can be arranged by the Hotel. At 18h30 you are invited to attend the Rally Welcome cocktail by the poolside at White Sand Hotel next door. Here you will have a chance to meet all the competitors and officials. Enjoy an early dinner and overnight to depart early next morning.
Thursday 21st November 2013
At 7am depart for the end of the first competitive section of the rally and be in position before the first car arrives. See if there is time to watch the cars go through the third competitive section and then drive to Voi Wildlife Lodge for check-in and lunch. After lunch drive to Taita Hills Lodge (40km away) to watch the rally cars arrive and service. A short game drive in the Taita Hills Game Sanctuary and then return to Voi Wildlife Lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Friday 22nd November 2013
After an early breakfast, depart with a picnic lunch and see the cars at the start of the second competitive section of the day. Then cross into Tanzania at the Loitokitok border post to watch rally action in Tanzania. You can proceed to watch the rally to see cars at the last competitive section near Arusha and later as they come in to the service area at Mt. Meru Hotel. Dinner and overnight will be at the Kibo Palace Hotel in Arusha.
Saturday 23rd November 2013
If you want to relax at the hotel in Arusha it has nice swimming pool. For the serious fans you can go out with a picnic lunch and watch the rally hopefully twice before returning to watch them arrive at the finish control. Dinner and overnight is again here in Arusha at the Kibo Palace Hotel.
Sunday 24th November 2013
After breakfast drive past the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro with its wonderful views (if visible) en-route to, Africa’s Greatest wildlife experience the Amboseli National Park back in Kenya. Depending on the rally route see them in a competitive section before driving to an Amboseli Lodge for late lunch and overnight. Park fees for entering Amboseli National Park is included in this tour.
Monday 25th November 2013
Today is a rest day for the rally. Take the opportunity to go on game drives, to see the wildlife of Amboseli as well as visit the service park where mechanics will be repairing the rally cars or relax by the pool. All meals and overnight at an Amboseli Lodge.
Tuesday 26th November 2013
Early departure after breakfast to watch the first competitive rally section of the day. Picnic lunch boxes will be provided. Watch the last competitive rally section of the day before going to Lake Naivasha for dinner and overnight. On this day you will drive through the Nairobi city.
Wednesday 27th November 2013
Early breakfast and proceed to see rally action along the route and pass by Lake Elementaita to see the flamingoes. Picnic lunch en-route and proceed back to Naivasha in time to see service at the end of the day. Overnight and dinner at a Lake Naivasha Hotel.
Thursday 28th November 2013
Early Breakfast and leave Naivasha while to watch the rally action along the very long drive via Nairobi to Voi and late lunch at the lodge. Afternoon go out to watch the rally near Voi and then overnight stay and dinner at the lodge near Voi Wildlife Lodge.
Friday 29th November 2013
An early start after breakfast from Voi and watch one competitive rally section and proceed to the finish of the rally which is at 14.00 Hrs at the White Sand Hotel. Lunch at Travellers Beach Hotel. At 20.00 hrs attend the prize giving party and dinner at Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort
Saturday 30th November 2013
A morning of relaxing before departing to Mombasa airport to catch your flight to Nairobi to connect with your international flight back home. Today only breakfast is included at the Mombasa hotel
For the itinerary above including transport in a Minibus and full board accommodation the price per person sharing a twin bedded room is US$ 3000 per person.
If you like to have the same in a single room the extra cost is US$ 900.
Please note that:
1. The exact route of the rally is not known until a few days, before the event so actual places to watch can not be decided until then.
2. The quoted prices do not include your flights to Mombasa or the return from Mombasa. Kenya Airways can give you special rates for air travel through the EASR organizers.
You should plan to arrive in Mombasa on Tuesday 19th November 2013 and depart on Saturday 30th November 2013. Extra nights can be booked as well if you wish to arrive earlier or depart later at extra cost noted in No. 10.
3. Meals a day will be provided some of these meals will be picnic boxes.
4. Drinks are entirely the responsibility of the client. Vehicles do have a cool box to store your drinks.
5. Visas are the client’s responsibility and can be obtained on arrival at Nairobi Airport for Kenya or at Loitokitok border for Tanzania for most nationalities. It is your responsibility to check before arriving if you can get your visa in Nairobi.
6. Health documents and anti-malarial treatment should be advised to you by your doctor.
7. Everyone must have medical insurance to cover their entire stay as this is not included in the tour.
8. In the event of force majure the proposed Safari & Tour may be rerouted and accommodation of a similar price substituted.
9. Any extra nights at the Whitesands Hotel in Mombasa will be charged US$250 per day for a double room or a single room at US$ 190 per day. These rates are on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
10.All correspondence concerning this tour should be sent to email@example.com
11. Transport is in mini buses with maximum of 7 clients per vehicle.
12. Payment and bank transfer details for tours payments will be communicated to the clients on inquiry.